4WD Treks Close to Melbourne (4th edition) – this is an indispensable companion to twenty of the best four-wheel drive destinations within a couple of hours drive from the city. This book features day trips as well as weekend adventures to secluded and long forgotten gold mining towns, journeys through pristine areas of lush rainforest and sojourns to the top of remote mountain peaks with panoramas that stretch for kilometres.
Authors : Robert Pepper & Muriel Pepper
Fully updated and field checked by the Range Rover Club of Victoria, this fourth edition of 4WD Treks Close to Melbourne will take you on 20 of the best 4WD adventures within a couple of hours drive of the city.
Whether you are looking for a leisurely day trip or a longer overnight jaunt, 4WD Treks Close to Melbourne is your indispensable companion to exploring secluded gold mining areas, historic towns, verdant forests and the many delightful mountains areas which surround Melbourne.
- Over 20,000 copies sold in previous editions
- Details the regions 20 best 4WD tours
- Each trek is colour coded for driving standards
- Includes detailed route maps
- Includes a Melbourne region road atlas
- Comprehensive driving directions
- Essential contact information
- Details on picnic and camping areas along each route