This 1st Edition of Binns Track 4WD Adventure Guide by Westprint Outback Map and Travel Guides features 9 new maps field checked with GPS, Lat/Long grid and distances, Detailed roads and tracks, National parks and reserves, Heritage and touring information, and Camping information. Map scale is 1:800,000.
This 4WD map book will guide you through the various sections of Binns Track including:
- Map 1: Oodnadatta to Mount Dare 250km (via Eringa)
- Map 2: Mount Dare to Simpson Desert 238km
- Map 3: Simpson Desert to Plenty Highway 535km
- Map 4: Plenty Highway to Murray Downs turn off 367km
- Map 5: Murray Downs turn off to Tennant Creek 332km
- Map 6: Tennant Creek to Renner Springs 159km
- Map 7: Renner Springs to Hidden Valley turn off 257km
- Map 8: Hidden Valley turn off to Bullita Outstation 252km
- Map 9: Bullita Outstation to Timber Treek and Katherine 369km
Following the Binns Track introduces travellers to a wide range of Northern Territory landscapes. The Binns Track officially starts in the Simpson Desert sand dunes in the south and finishes in the Tropical Savannah Rangelands in the north, a distance of around 2,200 kilometers.
Road surfaces vary from bitumen highways to rugged rocky tracks. It passes through many different types of spectacular natural scenery and enables travellers to visit significant sites of importance to both Aboriginal and European Australians.
Most sections can be travelled by 4WD and camper trailer, but Gregory National Park presents difficult terrain. Tracks are rocky with many sharp creek crossings suited only to high clearance vehicles. Camper trailers are not recommended on this section. Alternative routes for camper trailers are shown in this guide.