Blue Mountains Best Bushwalks is the bestselling guide to over 65 fantastic walks. Explore walks from Lithgow to Glenbrook, Jenolan Caves to Mount Wilson. Learn about local history and the Blue Mountains environment. Find out about local activities and attractions. Discover the best walks for families and children. Includes detailed maps, photos and detailed walk notes.
Blue Mountains Best Bushwalks includes:
- 21 easy walks, 27 medium walks and 18 hard walks, plus 32 walk variations
- Easy-to-follow walking directions
- Detailed walk statistics including distance, total ascent/descent, grade and estimated time
- All routes re-walked and checked for every new edition
- Accurate, full-colour maps with GPS-generated track routes
- Walking ideas for families with children, including safety tips
- Information about Blue Mountains history and environment
- Over 230 full-colour photos
The Blue Mountains start right on the doorstep of the city of Sydney. Regardless of your fitness level or experience, the best way to discover these rugged escarpments, heart-stopping views and diverse environments is to set off on foot.
In Blue Mountains Best Bushwalks, Veechi Stuart, local author and resident of over 25 years, combines her professional writing skills with her passion for bushwalking. In her choice of the best bushwalks, she includes not only the classic walks listed in many guidebooks, but also the quieter tracks that few know exist, and some of the more historic walks that are in danger of being forgotten.