Cape York Track Guide covers a total distance of 2578.2km.
A majestic coastline, creeks and rivers with volumes of water, the Bloomfield road, Cooktown, Weipa and the roadhouses. Then there is Lakefield National Park, Chilli beach, and the awesome Old Telegraph track.
You will need plenty of low range and water wings on the OTT. Across the Jardine ferry and into Bamaga, Seisia and Loyalty beach through to the tip, Somerset and Punsand bay, your adventure does not stop.
This is some of Australia’s best 4 wheel driving and scenic beauty to be experienced anywhere. Definitely a ‘must-do’ trip with friends to share the excitement and camping.
The Sectioned Maps will help you find everything of interest along the Track and point out potential road cautions in advance, supported by visual references, for the benefit of your safety.
Using photography, track notes and mapping, the Outback Travellers Cape York Track Guide is a companion to sheet maps, offering a closer look at what is out there, where to find it and how to get there safely.
Map Guides include:
- Cairns to Daintree Village, 164.2km (Section A)
- Daintree Village turnoff to Wujal Wujal, 82.7km (Section B)
- Wujal Wujal to Cooktown, 104.6km (Section C)
- Cooktown to Lake Emma, 125.6km (Section D)
- Lake Emma – Jowalbinna – Catfish Waterhole, 153.1km (Section E)
- Catfish Waterhole turnoff to Annie River, 139.8km (Section F)
- Annie River turnoff – Musgrave Roadhouse – Coen, 150.8km (Section G)
- Coen to Cape York turnoff, 117.7km (Section H)
- Development Road to Portland Roads, 130.9km (Section I)
- Cape York turnoff to Weipa, 144.2km (Section J)
- Weipa to Cullen Point, 124.3km (Section K)
- Weipa turnoff to Bramwell Junction Roadhouse, 159.1km (Section L)
- Bramwell Junction to Captain Billy Landing, 150.7km (Section M)
- Old Telegraph Track (Southern Section), 96.4km (Section N)
- Old Telegraph Track (North) to Bamaga, 207.4km (Section O)
- Cape York Tip (Pajinka), 101.5km (Section P)
- Musgrave Roadhouse to Laura, 138.6km (Section Q)
- Laura to Shiptons Flat Road turnoff, 114.9km (Section R)
- Lakeland to Captain Cook Highway Intersection, 171.7km (Section S)