The Davies Plain Track Guide covers a total distance of 207.4km.
There are easy sections that allow you to roll along absorbing the wonderful surrounds, but short lived as steep climbs and descents have you reaching for low range and diff locks. There are several creek crossings, washouts, rocks and deadfall to impede your path, part and parcel of such a trek.
The historic huts at Davies Plain and Tom Groggin remind you of the tenacity and determination of our early pioneers in such remote wilderness.
The elevation of the ranges lead you into the clouds where both rain and wind can play havoc but the rewards with views across the sealing of the Alps are spectacular. This is a trek that demands your attention but gives you back what you put in.
The Sectioned Maps will help you find everything of interest along the Track and point out potential road cautions in advance, supported by visual references, for the benefit of your safety.
Using photography, track notes and mapping, the Outback Travellers Davies Plain Track Guide is a companion to sheet maps, offering a closer look at what is out there, where to find it and how to get there safely.
Number of Pages: 26.
Map Guides include:
- Omeo to Benambra, 22.6km (Section A)
- Banambra to Beloka Road, 15.7km (Section B)
- Beloka Road to Nunniong Road, 17.3km (Section C)
- Nunniong Road to Native Dog Flat Campsite, 14.1km (Section D)
- Limestone Creek Track to The Poplars, 16.0km (Section E)
- McCarthys Track to Mt Misery Trail turnoff, 8.9km (Section F)
- Mt Misery Trail turnoff to Davies Plain Hut, 15.5km (Section G)
- Davies Plain Hut to Tom Groggin Campsite, 18.9km (Section H)
- Tom Groggin Track to Mt Hope Road, 11.4km (Section I)
- Mt Hope Road to Mt Anderson Road, 9.7km (Section J)
- Mt Anderson Road to Mt Gibbo Track, 7.3km (Section K)
- Mt Gibbo Track to Buenba Log Road, 9.4km (Section L)
- Buenba Log Road to Tom Groggin Track turnoff, 12.3km (Section M)
- Tom Groggin Track turnoff to Blue Gum Track, 12.7km (Section N)
- Blue Gum Track to Beloka-Limestone Road Junction, 15.6km (Section O)
NOTE: 8 pages of this guide are advertising. North does not always point up, however it is clearly marked on each map.