The Outback Travellers Series Two covers Central Australia up to the Top End of Northern Territory. Oodnadatta to Alice Springs Track Guide covers a total distance of 582km.
The Old Ghan Heritage Trail is rich in pioneer history where early trade routes and pastoral developers used markers like the Finke River and Chambers Pillar to guide their way north.
As Oodnadatta was a major rail head of the time, this map guide follows the pathway from Oodnadatta up through Mt Dare, where alternative routes can be taken to Charlotte Waters. For those seeking further tracks north, the Old Andado Track offers another path to Alice Springs. Tracks throughout the region offer the traveler varied experiences of location and terrain.
The Sectioned Maps will help you find everything of interest along the Track and point out potential road cautions in advance, supported by visual references, for the benefit of your safety.
Using photography, track notes and mapping, the Outback Travellers Oodnadatta to Alice Springs Guide is a companion to sheet maps, offering a closer look at what is out there, where to find it and how to get there safely.
Map Guides include:
- Pedirka Turnoff to Mt Dare via Dalhousie Springs, 141km
- Oodnadatta to Pedirka Turnoff, 109.7km (Section A)
- Federal – Bloods Creek – Abminga – Charlotte Waters, 170.5km via Federal, 149.2km via Bloods Creek Bore, Mt. Dare to Mt. Dare
- Pedirka Turnoff to Mt. Dare, 138km (Section B)
- Mt. Dare to Old Andado Homestead, 103km
- Mt. Dare to New Crown, 73km (Section C)
- New Crown to Mac Clarke Conservation Reserve, 128.4km
- New Crown to Horseshoe Bend Turnoff, 68.6km (Section D)
- Mac Clarke Conservation Reserve to Alice Springs, 277.1km
- Horseshoe Bend T/O to Rodinga Intersection, 89.7km (Section E)
- Finke (Aputula) to Kulgera, 146.6km
- Rodinga Intersection to Ewaninga Rock Carvings, 66.6km (Section F)
- Rodinga Intersection – Maryvale – Chambers Pillar, 59km
- Ewaninga Rock Carvings to Alice Springs, 36.9km (Section F)
- Hugh River Stock Route, 69.2km
- Rainbow Valley, 23.6km
General Maps include Alice Springs.
NOTE: 6 pages of this guide are advertising. North does not always point up, however it is clearly marked on each map.