Oodnadatta Track covers a total distance of 616.7km. It embodies the history of travel throughout outback Australia and offers a unique experience through one of Australia’s most diverse and geographically interesting landscapes.
The rich colour and harshness of terrain, typified by the remoteness of the Australian Outback, encourages the spirited adventurer to discover the real beauty of this region.
The track closely follows the paths taken by Stuart and Giles exploring inland Australia during the 1800’s.
The Sectioned Maps will help you find everything of interest along the Track and point out potential road cautions in advance, supported by visual references, for the benefit of your safety.
Using photography, track notes and mapping, the Outback Travellers Oodnadatta Track Guide is a companion to sheet maps, offering a closer look at what is out there, where to find it and how to get there safely.
Map Guides include:
- Muloorina Road to Level Post Bay, 96.4km (Lake Eyre North)
- Marree to Lake Eyre South, 83.1km (Section A)
- Roxby Downs to Oodnadatta Track, 123.5km
- Lake Eyre South to Coward Springs, 50.3km (Section B)
- William Creek to Halligan Bay, 69.7km
- Coward Springs to William Creek, 73.3km (Section C)
- William Creek to Coober Pedy, 166.6km
- William Creek to Duff Creek Siding, 74.3km (Section D)
- Old Peake Telegraph Repeater Station Track, 15.2km
- Duff Creek Siding to Algebuckina, 69.1km (Section E)
- Cadney Park through Painted Desert to Coober Pedy
- Algebuckina to Mt. Dare – Dalhousie Turnoff, 75.2km (Section F)
- Mt. Dare – Dalhousie Springs – Pedirka
- Mt. Dare Turnoff to Lambina Turnoff, 93.6km (Section G)
- Lambina Turnoff to Marla, 97.8km (Section H)
General Maps include Marree Township, William Creek Township, Roxby Downs Township, Coober Pedy Township, Oodnadatta Township, and Marla Township.