The Snowy River Track Guide covers a total distance of 260.5km.
The Snowy River region in the Victorian High Country is a great place to visit during the warmer months of the year.
There are lovely camping locations and specatular views over the mountain ranges with challenging 4wd tracks such as Bowens track and winding routes contouring the hills in climbs and descents.
The bush is serine with many places to stop for a break and take in the natural beauty. Generally the tracks and roads are relatively easy driving although around the hills can be narrow and winding with sharp bends.
Incredible areas like Little River Gorge, highlight a 600m drop, one of the deepest gorges in Victoria. Orbost or Buchan with its beautiful caves, make great launching pads for this scenic region – well worth the experience.
The Sectioned Maps will help you find everything of interest along the Track and point out potential road cautions in advance, supported by visual references, for the benefit of your safety.
Using photography, track notes and mapping, the Outback Travellers Snowy River Track Guide is a companion to sheet maps, offering a closer look at what is out there, where to find it and how to get there safely.
Map Guides include:
- Orbost to Wood Point, 21.0km (Section A)
- Wood Point turnoff to Morseford Road, 21.1km (Section B)
- Morseford Road to Yalmy Road Junction, 9.7km (Section C)
- Yalmy Road to Jacksons Crossing, 17.7km (Section D)
- Varneys Track turnoff to Lightning Track, 22.9km (Section E)
- Lightning Track turnoff to Waratah Flat Road, 16.7km (Section F)
- Waratah Flat Road to Bowen Link Track, 19.1km (Section G)
- Bowen Link Track to Reeds Track, 13.2km (Section H)
- Reeds Track to Deddick Track Junction, 16.9km (Section I)
- Deddick Track to McKillops Bridge Campsite, 11.8km (Section J)
- McKillops Camp to Little River Junction Camp, 9.5km (Section K)
- Little River Junction turnoff to Little River Gorge, 9.3km (Section L)
- Little River Gorge turnoff to Seldom Seen Track, 14.0km (Section M)
- Seldom Seen Track to Dingo Hill Track, 18.2km (Section N)
- Dingo Hill Track to Betts Creek Track, 16.9km (Section O)
- Betts Creek Track to McRaes Track, 16.7km (Section P)
- McRaes Track to Balley Hooley Campsite, 14.7km (Section Q)
- Old Basin Road Intersection to Buchan Caves, 12.3km (Section R)
- Basin Road turnoff to Wall Creek Bridge, 28.0km (Section S)
- Wall Creek Bridge to Orbost, 24.3km (Section T)
- Orbost to Cooney Ridge Road turnoff, 16.3km (Section U)
- Cooney Ridge Road to Morseford Road turnoff, 12.8km (Section V)
- Pinnak Road turnoff to Yalmy Road, 15.7km (Section W)
- Waratah Flat Road turnoff to Bowen Link Track, 15.7km (Section X)