Tanami Road Track Guide covers a total distance of 1053km.
Tanami Road is the shortest route between these areas and is used by road trains and numerous four wheel drivers, holiday makers and retirees seeking to experience the remoteness of the Tanami Desert and travel a part of Australian history from the days of the early gold rush.
The region is littered with termite mounds, rocky and sandy patches, sparse scrublands and the occasional hills to break the horizon.
Services are few and far between but travellers have enough camp locations to break the journey into managable segments enabling a fresh look at the wilderness over two to three days.
The Sectioned Maps will help you find everything of interest along the Track and point out potential road cautions in advance, supported by visual references, for the benefit of your safety.
Using photography, track notes and mapping, the Outback Travellers Tanami Road Track Guide is a companion to sheet maps, offering a closer look at what is out there, where to find it and how to get there safely.
Map Guides include:
- Alice Springs to Tanami Road turnoff, 20.5km
- Tanami Road turnoff to Amburla turnoff, 77.8km (Section A)
- Glen Helen Lodge to Papunya, 115.7km
- Amburla turnoff to Tilmouth Well Roadhouse, 89.3km (Section B)
- Tanami Road to Papunya, 104.5km
- Tilmouth Well Roadhouse to Vaughan Springs Turnoff, 129.9km (Section C)
- Turnoff to Balgo Community, 38.3km
- Vaughan Spring Turnoff to Renehands Bore, 130.1km (Section D)
- Wolfe Creek Crater National Park, 23km
- Renehans Bore to The Granites Mine, 99.1km (Section E)
- Old Halls Creek Region, 43.7km
- The Granites Mine to Picaninny Outstation Turnoff, 96.6km (Section F)
- Halls Creek to Bungle Bungle turnoff, 107.7km
- Picaninny Outstation turnoff to Western Australia Border, 80.7km (Section G)
- Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle), 114.8km
- Western Australia Border to Balgo-Mulan turnoff, 110.9km (Section H)
- Balgo-Mulan turnoff to Wolfe Creek East, 116.3km (Section I)
- Wolfe Creek East to Halls Creek, 101.8km (Section J)
General maps include Halls Creek, Alice Springs.