Wonnangatta Track Guide covers a total distance of 231.6km.
The country is scenic and undulating with open plains and demanding tracks that test your skills up-hill or down. There is plenty of interest for everyone from pristine water crossings to the historic gold mining town ruins of Talbotville and Grant.
With some of the best camping locations along the Wonnangatta and Crooked Rivers, this place is magic. In the high mountain ranges lay the well known Horseyard Flat and Howitt Hut, not forgetting the lookout at the Pinnacles.
Billy Goat Bluff track will test your abilities along with the infamous Wombat Spur and Zeka Spur tracks, best tackled in dry weather. Lock your diff and hang on for the ride of your life. This location is amazing and what better place than the Dargo Hotel to finish up.
The Sectioned Maps will help you find everything of interest along the Track and point out potential road cautions in advance, supported by visual references, for the benefit of your safety.
Using photography, track notes and mapping, the Outback Travellers Wonnangatta Track Guide is a companion to sheet maps, offering a closer look at what is out there, where to find it and how to get there safely.
Map Guides include:
- Wonnangatta Caravan Park to Black Snake Creek, 15.5km (Section A)
- Black Snake Creek to Billy Goat Bluff Track, 13.8km (Section B)
- Billy Goat Bluff Track to The Pinnacles, 11.2km (Section C)
- The Pinnacles to Horseyard Flat Hut, 8.1km (Section D)
- Horseyard Flat Hut to Moroka Road Junction, 18.9km (Section E)
- Moroka Road Junction to Arbuckle Junction, 17.4km (Section F)
- Arbuckle Junction to Dimmick Road, 15.9km (Section G)
- Dimmick Road to Zeka Spur Track turnoff, 16.7km (Section H)
- Zeka Spur Track turnoff to Wonnangatta Track, 22.2km (Section I)
- Wonnangatta Track to Herne Spur Track, 16.4km (Section J)
- Herne Spur Track to Sugarloaf Creek Track, 11.7km (Section K)
- Sugarloaf Creek Track to Station Track turnoff, 10.4km (Section L)
- Station Track turnoff to Bulltown Spur Track, 15.9km (Section M)
- Bulltown Spur Track to Dargo High Plains Road, 11.9km (Section N)
- Dargo High Plains Road to Upper Dargo Road, 11.2km (Section O)
- Upper Dargo Road to Crooked River Road turnoff, 14.4km (Section P)
NOTE: 11 pages of this guide are advertising. North does not always point up, however it is clearly marked on each map.